Grilled Kilmore Quay Seafood Sausages with Bean sprout, Mange Tout & Sesame Salad, Lime & Maple Dressing
Ingredients: (Serves 4)
8 Kilmore Quay Seafood Sausages
1 Tin (drained) or 1 punnet of Beansprouts
100g Mange Tout, finely sliced
100g ready mixed leaf salad, preferably watercress, rocket, spinach
2 table spoons sesame seeds
1 tablespoon sesame oil
Juice & zest of 1 Lime
2 dessert spoons Maple Syrup
4 Tablespoons Sesame Oil
Salt to taste
1. Pre heat a grill pan to a medium heat & grill sausages, for approx 8 minutes, turning regularly until golden brown & cooked through. You may also pan fry or cook under the grill if preferred.
2. Pre-heat a wok to a medium heat, add the sesame oil & sesame seeds, toss for 30 seconds before adding the mange tout.
3. Increase the heat & stir fry the mange tout for approx 2 minutes. Add the beansprouts & toss over the heat for a further minute. Season & place in a large bowl. Allow to cool for a couple of minutes.
4. For the dressing, place the lime juice & maple syrup in a bowl & whisk in the sesame oil. Season to taste.
5. Add the mixed leaves to the stir-fried mange tout & beansprouts, dress with the lime & maple dressing (just enough to coat) & toss quickly just before serving.
• Divide the warm salad mix between 4 plates & place 2 sausages on top of each
• Serve with some egg noodles or basmati rice