Grilled Kilmore Quay Seafood Sausages with Crushed Potato Colcannon, Lemon & Mustard Dressing.
Ingredients: (Serves 4)
8 Kilmore Quay Seafood Sausages
6-8 medium size new season or rooster potatoes, peeled
¼ head of green cabbage, core removed, sliced, blanched & refreshed
2 Scallions, finely sliced
2 teaspoons capers
30ml olive oil
Sea Salt & cracked black pepper to taste
Juice & zest of 1 lemon
1 table spoon wholegrain mustard
1 table spoon honey
300ml light olive oil
Salt, Sugar & Pepper to taste
1. Cut potatoes in half & bring to the boil from cold in salted water. Simmer until cooked through & strain. Allow to cool slightly.
2. Pre heat a grill pan to a medium heat & grill sausages, for approx 8 minutes, turning regularly until golden brown & cooked through. You may also pan fry or cook under the grill if preferred.
3. Loosely crush the cooked potatoes in a pot with a masher or fork without mashing to a puree. Add the blanched (cooked) cabbage & sliced scallions & incorporate over a medium heat.
4. Add the butter, olive oil & season to taste.
5. For the dressing, place the lemon juice, zest, mustard & honey in a bowl, whisk to mix & slowly pour in the oil, whisking continuously. This can be made in advance & stored in the fridge.
• Neatly place a mound of the colcannon in the centre of a dinner plate & place 2 sausages on top.
• Drizzle the dressing around the colcannon & garnish with a sprig of rosemary or some chives.
• Serve with some steamed vegetables of your choice.